联合国说台湾是第一批气候难民
肉食是暖化主因

畜牧业的温室气体占50%以上
吃素停止八成暖化
吃素救地球救自己及心爱的人
我们还有929天的机会拯救地球(2010.7.9)
影片在这里   转贴自维根网  (中英对照)

《阿凡达》影星鼓励学生做环保救地球英雄

获选奥斯卡影展且颇富环保寓意的电影《阿凡达》的加拿大导演詹姆士柯麦隆,最近在加州洛杉矶发起「阿凡达家树倡议」,期望二O一O年在世界各国种植一百万棵当地的原生树木。

In Los Angeles, California, USA, Canadian director James Cameron of “Avatar,” the Oscar-winning film with an  environmental message, recently announced the launch of the Avatar Home Tree Initiative, which seeks in 2010 to plant a million native trees in countries around the world. 

支持他的包括主演《阿凡达》的影星蜜雪儿‧罗莉葛兹、乔凡尼‧雷比西、乔摩尔及其他倡议环保的名流,如四度荣获美国职业篮球赛冠军的约翰‧沙里及国际沟通专家理查‧葛林。

Joining him in support were cast members of “Avatar” including Michelle Rodriguez, Giovanni Ribisi, and Joel Moore, as well as other eco-advocate celebrities such as 4-time US National Basketball Association champion John Salley and international communication coach Richard Greene. 

葛林等多位着名的人士,一同为洛杉矶地区六千名学生表演说,他们都是前来参与因《阿凡达》的启迪而发起的环保战士训练计画,学习个人帮助拯救地球的方法。

Many of these renowned personalities also gave inspirational speeches to the 6,000 Los Angeles area students who attended an “Avatar”-inspired Eco Warrior Training program to learn about ways that everyone can help save the planet. 

詹姆士‧柯麦隆
(奥斯卡金奖导演):我认为重点是《阿凡达》发生在另一个星球,是一齣科幻电影,但我们真的要将它实现在地球。

James Cameron – Director of Oscar-winning film Avatar (M): I
think the important thing about “Avatar” is it takes place on another planet, and it’s a fantasy, but we’re doing that to our planet right now, for real.

旁白:这部受欢迎的电影中,一个美丽的森林及其原住民都遭到森林滥垦的威胁,名流们强调素食,在遏止地球上类似影片中环境危机的重要性。

VOICE: Referring to the highly popular movie’s depiction of a beautiful forest and its indigenous residents all threatened by deforestation, the celebrities emphasized that a plant-based diet is important in stopping Earth’s own similar environmental crisis. 

蜜雪儿‧罗莉葛兹
(阿凡达片中的女演员): 他们砍倒这些树来蓄牧牛,这就是雨林中大部分问题的原因。

Michelle Rodriquez– Actress in Oscar-winning film Avatar (F): They cut down these trees now to provide space for cows. This is why the grand majority of the issue in the rainforests is occurring.

旁白:参与的青少年都获得环保的素食午餐。篮球明星约翰。沙里更鼓励他们认识素食的利益。

VOICE: The attending youths, who were served eco-friendly organic vegetarian lunches, were further encouraged by vegan basketball star John Salley toward awareness of the benefits of a plant-based diet.
约翰‧沙里(四 度荣获美国职业篮球赛冠军,纯素者):知道你们今天吃那份午餐会发生什么结果吗?看看每年发生的事,为了三七亿人口,五、六0亿陆地动物(不包括鱼)被杀害,好让我们有皮运动鞋、车子里有皮革座椅、吃不好的食物;那些动物蛋白质并不适合你们的消化系统,它们造成糖尿病。但今天,你们救了一隻动物的性命。

John Salley – 4-time US National Basketball Association champion, Vegan (M): Do you know what happened today? Because you ate that meal? Check out what happens every year: 56 billion land animals, not including fish, are killed, for 3.7 billion people, so we can have leather sneakers, leather in your car, eat bad food, have animal protein that doesn’t digest in your system, causes diabetes. But today, you saved an animal’s life.
理查‧葛林(国际沟通专家):太棒了。

Richard Greene – international communication coach (M): Alright! Woo!

约翰‧沙里:你 们该吃长在树上或地上的食物,而有心跳、有母亲的生命,我认为你们该让牠们回到妈妈身边。两年前我决定不吃任何动物产品,不吃牛奶、乳酪和蛋,我减肥四十 磅,从那时起,我决定我要尽全力确保我的身体美丽有如造物者的设计,请思考这个问题,这是我们唯一的身体,您该做最重要的事是滋养你的器官、滋养你的身 体。

John Salley – 4-time US National Basketball Association champion, Vegan (M): If it’s off a tree, out of the ground, you should eat it. If it has a heartbeat, or had a heartbeat or mother, I think you should let it go to its mama. About two years ago, I decided not to eat anything from an animal. No, milk, no cheese, no eggs. And I lost 40 pounds. I decided, from that point on, I was going to do everything possible, to make sure my avatar looked as beautiful as the Creator wanted it to look. Think about this: this is the only body you have. The most important thing you do, is nourish your organs and nourish your body.
旁白:参与这次活动的还有好莱坞影星黛瑞‧汉娜(Daryl Hannah)、洛杉矶市长安东尼奥‧维雅莱构沙(Antonio Villaraigosa),他们都敦促大家关心环境和动物。

VOICE: Also attending the event were Hollywood actress Daryl Hannah and Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, both urging concern for the environment and our co-inhabitants. 
黛瑞‧汉娜 (好莱坞女星,纯素者):我要鼓励你们全部,尽你全力支持所有人与所有的生命,不论是何种生命形式,发言、挺身支持他们,尽你们的全力给予他们所需的支持。

Daryl Hannah – Hollywood actress, Splash, Vegan (F): I would encourage all of you to do every thing you can to support all the people, and all the creatures, and all the life forms of all kinds to give them your voice, lay your body on the line and do whatever it takes to give them the support that they need.
安东尼奥‧维雅莱构沙 (洛杉矶市长): 我们对社会、环境都有责任,认知到保护环境与人类福祉的关联,尊重所有物种,包括所有动物。

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Los Angeles, California, USA (M): We all have a responsibility to our community, to our environment, to the connection between protecting the environment,and human welfare, and respect for all species, including all of our animals.

旁白:我们感谢维雅莱构沙市长、詹姆士柯麦隆约、约翰沙里、蜜雪儿罗莉葛兹、戴瑞汉娜成为青少年与全世界的优秀楷模,并推动拯救地球、珍贵地球的运动,有各位的楷模,愿全球的环保英雄吃素、环保、救地球。

VOICE: We appreciate Mayor Villaraigosa, James Cameron, John Salley, Michelle Rodriguez, Daryl Hannah and others involved for being role models for youth and the world in the movement to save our precious Earth. With such shining examples as yours, may eco heroes everywhere be veg, go green, and save the planet.

新增留言  
留言者:
留言内容:
留言表情: 惊 脸红红 昏 狂暴 哭哭 崩溃 讚美主 水汪汪 倒地 失魂 擦汗 水草舞 阿弥陀猴 不要啊 翻桌 咦 打瞌睡 笑里藏刀 嘲笑 害羞扭扭 万年奸臣 画圈圈 bingo 掰掰 苦恼的烟狂 三八萌 幸福御守 好梦 凄凉 印堂黑黑 跪拜礼 头晕目眩 爱的轰炸 搞自闭 打小人
状态: 私密留言 (只有版主和留言者可以看到)